Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friendzy Friday - Butterfly Frame!

So I have loved these since the first time I seen this one many years ago.

Ali Edwards Butterfly Collage

So once I seen Av's frame last DT reveal I said I can do one in a smaller size for my crafty space!

You don't need a lot of supplies! I used my butterfly punch but the heart punch would be supah cute too!
Photobucket

I then popped a 5x7 peice of white cardstock into the frame and traced around the edge.
I then made a mess making a grid to fit the butterflies into the frame. Chalk that up to baby brain!
Once I found the right spacing... I poked holes so I could locate the grid pattern from the other side and still hide it!
Photobucket

Then I glued all the buttler flies over the hole pokes and stamped a sentiment!
Photobucket

Easy peasy!
So fun and now it is on the shelf in my room!
Photobucket

Sorry for the craptastic lighting!

7 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

Such a great idea! Totally love it!

Rosanne said...

Love this!

farmhouse-story said...

thanks for sharing the process--this turned out wonderful!!

Regan said...

when do i pick it up?

Steph said...

This is gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for showing how you created it!

Anonymous said...

Cause you don't make enough brilliant cards and pillows, you thought you would just throw together this 'AMAZING' frame....